Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Boyfriend Won't Go To Prom With Me.

Prom.
    It's the night every high school girl dreams of, besides her wedding, and the night she loses her virginity. She wants it to be magical, beautiful, and most of all, memorable. Prom, like in the movies, is a sort of Rite of Passage, especially if you are a senior. It's your LAST dance as a high school student; It should be the most amazing night of your high school career.
   This is how I was envision my prom night. It IS a big deal to me! Why? Because I am a hopeless romantic and I want a little piece of a fairytale. I had a crappy high school life, I didn't have many friends, I was never popular, I didn't do any sport. I want this night to be one that I can look back and think, "Hey, that was the most amazing night in school and I truly had fun." Prom, to me, is a super huge deal, and I would have love to have spend it with my boyfriend.
    Now, the boyfriend, does not feel the same way. He basically sees it as JUST  dance, but I've tried to explain to him that it's THE dance and it means a lot to ME. He has given my multiple excuses about why he wont go:
      1) "I work that night"
    He's worked at the same place for four years!!!!! He can ask to take ONE NIGHT off.
     2) "I don't have the money"
    What is a job for then? I told you months in advance! You couldn't have saved up?
     3) "I just don't like dances"
      Okay mister selfish! This dance IS NOT about you! You cant put aside your discomfort to make ME happy? To make this night all that I dreamed of?
   
    I just don't understand. I've BEGGED him to go. I told that if someone asks me to go, then he better not get jealous and give me hell. He said he'd be uncomfortable. Well hell! I'm not going to pass up the oppurtunity to have fun with someone that wants to go with me! If he has an issue, he has no one to blame but himself! Like I said, I BEGGED the man to go (I even offered to PAY for him at winter formal back in January and he still wouldn't go!).
    I'm not trying to be selfish, I'm really not. I'm just really hurt. I want to share this special night with HIM. No one else, HIM. I have never been asked to a dance. This, really makes me feel like CRAP. I just want ONE night, ONE fairytale night.... with him.
    He tells me that I will have fun regardless of if I go. I HATE going to dances, because people get to dance with their special someone. They have slow dances at prom; at Homecoming, I CRIED when a slow dance came on and I had no one to slow dance with...
    I'm just... I don't know.... I'm just really hurt. I have a feeling that no one will ask me to prom either, which makes this situation suck even more... I wouldn't mind skipping out on Prom, but dad already paid over a hundred bucks and when it came around last year, I cried at home cause everyone was having fun and I was sitting in my room like a loner. I'm tired of being alone... I'm so tired...
    So that's my sad and pathetic confession: I want an amazing Prom night... and I'm probably not going to get it....
                                         - Silver

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Im still only a sophomore, but the guy i've been dating for 2 years refuses to go to prom with me next year and the year after. Why? Because of his over bearing mother. I could see why his sister hadn't gone, but I don't get why he won't. Mothers don't particularly flounder over their son going to prom - its more of a deal for a girl. I haven't really tried to talk to him about it yet. Good luck to you, and wish me well as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey for A long time i have been searching for the question i want a boyfriend i think i got it now

    ReplyDelete