Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Mother's Love


     A mother's love is one of the most powerful things on this earth.  It can overcome all obstacles. Whether it is having a bad day at school and she is there with milk and cookies, or a nasty breakup and shes there to hold you as you're crying. A mother's love is nature's secret weapon that is as strong as a hurricane and gentle as a daisy. Your mother may not have to be your biological mother, she may be the woman you look up to the most, who's cared for and loved you.
    Every eukaryotic organism is born from a mother. She is the nurturer for all life and without her, life cannot be born. But a mother's responsibility surpasses all of this.
     My main reason for this blog is to tell of my mother. A good friend of mine inspired this and I want to tell the world about my mother. 
     She was a lovely woman. Her name is Corinna and she was very beautiful, black raven colored hair (dyed of course) and the prettiest blue eyes you ever saw; they reminded me of blue topaz. She had a caring and loving heart, although her addictions contradicted this. She smoked many times a day which affected her health. Her knee injury sent her plunging into a dark hole of prescription drugs and alcohol. I have found her many times, passed out with food in her mouth. My family and I even came home once to find that she had tried to commit suicide by cutting her injured leg off. The UPS man found her and called the ambulance. My past was haunted by her never ending criticism of me and her mental abuse to me.She drank many times before, but being little, I didn't understand it. I knew she had severe anxiety; I get that from her. But aside from her bad habits, she truly was a lovely woman.
   In November of 2009, we just moved out of my dad's (not genetically or by marriage) house and began to live on our own. She had been unfaithful to my dad many times and had online relationships. I didn't take these serious, seeing no harm in them, but now I see how much it tore apart my dad. So we moved and I was happy. My dad was not always the nicest man and so I learned to despise him through my mother's brainwashing.      
   A month or so after we moved into our new home, my mother got back into her old habits. She took so many prescription pills that she would pass out and be completely incoherent and unresponsive, even when I would hit her. She increased her alcohol in-take and pursued men who did not want her. She was a lonely, miserable woman. One day, while heavily intoxicated, I asked my mother to use her computer for a project on Jazz I had to do. She let me borrow it and so I researched my topic.   
   Twice she screamed and demanded to know where her computer was. I told her she let me borrow it and realized she forgot what she said and did. Within 10 minutes later, my mother stormed in and started accusing me of having online relationships with older men! I was appalled by her accusation. She kept screaming and screaming, and I was getting very angry. I told myself I had to leave and find somewhere where I could calm down. I went to the park down the street and cried. I felt helpless and defeated, I knew I couldnt put up with my mother's destructive behavior any longer. I called my dad and begged him to come get me.
      Its been over a year now. I am adopted by my dad and I havent communicated with my mother since. She disowned me and turned my family against me with lies. She even destroyed a loving relationship with my ex-fiancee because she was jealous of our love. I pity her really, I try to keep the image of the beautiful, independent woman in my mind; but, it has all faded to grey with anger and resentment. She broke my father's heart and have emotionally and mentally scarred me. A mother's love does not do this. 
    Where I am getting at is this: For those who have a loving mother, hold on to her tightly. She may be strong and independent, but even mother's have hearts. For those who are cruel to their mother's, imagine your life without her, she loved you, brought you into this world, and cared for you. For those mother's who arent in their child's lives, I beg of you to turn back now., I wish mine did. Your child needs your love and support, do not deny them of this.
     Mothers are the god's gifts to us. Having a mother, is where we learn the concept of real love from. Without love, we can never be happy. So cherish the love that you have and tell your mother today what she means to you before it's too late. I
                                                           Blessings.
                                                                  Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment